الاثنين، 1 أكتوبر 2012

My Experience in Model United Nations Palestine 2012

My homeland, My homeland "
Glory and beauty, Sublimity and splendor
Are in your hills, Are in your hills
Life and deliverance, Pleasure and hope
Are in your air, Are in your Air
Will I see you? Will I see you?
Safe and comforted, Sound and honored
Will I see you in your eminence?
Reaching to the stars, Reaching to the stars
" My homeland, My homeland




















These words were the end of the Model United Nations Palestine 2012, Where the General Assembly declared Palestine as a Member State at the United Nations. I could not hold back my tears, wishing that this dream will become a truth one day. Hundreds of Palestinian young youth had participated in this historical event which was held in Palestine for the first time, in Rashad al-Shawwa hall. Model United Nations Palestine 2012 was one of the most unforgettable experiences I have ever had in my whole life. I felt so proud of being a Palestinian, working together with my colleagues enthusiastically full of hope that our voice will be heard some day. The atmosphere of the event was amazing. It unified the whole Palestinian people under the umbrella of one word “Palestine”. Those young youth did what their leaders could not. They stand all together in one Place with shining eyes full of hope and love for their home land, letting go any kind of hatred. Only one flag was fluttering there, the Palestinian flag with its amazing colors. The idea of the conference was based on the simulation of the United Nations in full board. Some people joined the General Assembly, others joined the ECOSOC, and others joined the UNDP. For me I represented Germany in the Security Council. The whole experience was a useful one for every one of us. On the one hand, we showed the world that we can stand for our cause. On the other hand, now we know how was it when the United Nations refused Palestine’s membership request  , we knew more about the diplomatic life. It was also a kind of cultural exchange. Every participant had to search for information about  the country he represents. The conference was about three days. Yet the third day was the best when Palestine’s membership request has been accepted by the General Assembly. Directly, after announcing this, the beautiful Yassmeen Khader stepped to the stage to sing Mawtini. Right behind her we stand holding candles. I cannot express how I felt that moment. I felt like I’m so responsible for every violation towards my country and my people. I felt responsible for all those martyrs who died for the sake of their country. As if they were in front of me saying do not let our blood in vain.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق