الأربعاء، 28 يناير 2015

A Beauty in the Forgotten Places

    Beauty is also existed in the darkest places, a fact that we should admit. Well, I belong to a very poor country. Let me make it clearer, we only enjoy of six hours of electricity a day, sometimes less and other times more. While walking in the roads you see destructed buildings everywhere. Beneath every damaged building there was a story of life, a dream, but it all vanished overnight. Yet, deep inside every broken stone there is a spark of life, a hope, a beauty. The beauty I talk about lies in the charming of simplicity. This is not only existed here in my country, Palestine, but in all the forgotten places, the third world countries, the undeveloped nations, where there is no technology, where life seems hard in a magnificent way. I do not try to be Amish, but when I see pictures of those who suffer the lack of transportation, education, technology, food, and secure, walking the unpaved roads and the long broken waterways with a smile, a wave of brightness jumps in my heart.
    Despite the hardships that we face in life, we cannot deny the existence of magic, the one that sparkles like stars. Yet, sometimes the strength of darkness can make us blind and unaware of the beauty and pure truth around us. I may feel a deep grief while writing this article. A one that I deny and do not want to talk about. Yet, this sorrow let me see some magnificence in some photos of unknown children, taken in the unknown world. Put in consideration that as a cameraman who wants to talk about serious issues in the world, targets kids in particular to attract the eyes of the watchers when nothing can affect one like a look of an innocent eye. Well, I must be grateful for the person who taught me how to use my talent in expressing what goes inside the photos I observe, especially the ones I touch beauty when seeing it.
    Life can be complicated, but we can make it rosy by letting magic immerses our hearts to fly with the happy bubbles high to the sky. In the first photo for example, some children play with a ball. If you look clearer, you may notice that it is not a real ball, in fact it is an old big pocket stuffed with some other old pockets. Despite the fact that those kids do not have a real toy, happiness seems a member of their team.
    In the next picture, there is a class with walls of air and desks of knees. Yet, an atmosphere of joy and passion for learning occupies the place. Those people who suffer in such places, know nothing about modernness, but they can create love, happiness, joy, and benefit from actually nothing. In my point of view, those are the real happy people.
    The last photo may take a very long expression, since I talk about the suffer of my people, the Palestinian people. As a normal description, the two girls seem play over some broken stones. The real story is that those two little girls play over, their beds, toys, books, rooms, food, and what was left of the wreckage of their own house. The dreadful fact is that they play with the harsh reality over the lost dreams. In fact this photo is a part of a normal day in Palestine. Those kids who did not see any part of the world except this broken one believe in life and insist for it. They can create beauty from damage. They know nothing about despair and losing hope. They simply can make a ladder of ambition to reach the sky.
     What I try to say in this article is that life is about what you see. It is the way you draw it. If you see beauty, you will hold a cloud of laughs over your head to rain smiles every time you walk. Yet, when you keep frowning and complaining about you having nothing, you will always be in the same place. One cannot have nothing. When God created us, He gave every single person on this planet a gift to distinguish him/her from other creatures. So stand up for life and say I am lucky. Do not try to remember why! only look around you, and you will understand what I mean.





ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق